Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wanted: Ruby Slippers


A year ago today we made the big move out to Minnesota with our teeny girl, and my sister, Jo, who came with for 2 weeks and took these pics of us and our new home. 

I have mixed emotions with this anniversary.  It's so funny how time has a way of going excruciatingly slow and crazy fast at once.  In some ways it's been a great year, and we've built a little home with so many memories of our baby girl, but at the same time I can't fight this feeling that it's still not really our home.

I don't know, it's hard to explain, it's just that when I land in the MSP airport it still doesn't feel like my airport.  And when I'm driving around town it doesn't feel comfortable and automatic, and I end up missing exits a lot.  Which could just be chalked up to my extreme lack of direction and/or navigation skills, but still.

At the same time, I know I'll ball like a baby when we leave this place to go back to Colorado (some day).  Our girl has seen a lot of good days, and a lot of snowy days, in this here state.  I just wish I had some ruby slippers so I could click-click-click my way home every once in a while.

- K

P.S. Ryan will surely complain that there is only one pic of him and the baby in this post, so I'd just like to say, for the record, that he is a poor, poor sport about family photos and he arrived fashionably late.  Which resulted in just this one photo.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment