Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lake Harriet

My mom came into town this week for an impromptu trip, and it's been nice to have a helping hand around!  Today for some reason we became overly obsessed with the idea of getting Lyla a baby doll.  I don't even remember how it started, but it quickly spiraled out of control and turned into a multi-store search, which I'm glad to tell you ended successfully.  We then went over to Lake Harriet, baby doll and stroller in tow.  L is very serious about her motherhood duties.

We played at the park, fed some ducks - well, mostly Lyla ate the bread herself while yelling "duck!"  We also had some delish burgers and L found out she realllly loves ketchup. 

They had a 9/11 remembrance concert going on at the lake, and I feel like it would be remiss of me to not mention such a significant day in our recent history.  It's so easy to push it into the back of your mind, remember the date and think something like "wow, can't believe it's been 12 years already" and move on with your day.  Except then you see the footage replayed, and stumble upon story after story of people that were there, family members that were missing.  That's when you remember exactly how real it was, and the feelings you felt watching it all happen.

I don't have words for this day, or the people that were there.  The people that helped and the people that are gone.   I am extremely blessed to not have had anyone involved, but I am forever impacted.  I will never forget.

God bless the USA.

- K


 



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment