Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Life Lately

Life has felt a little hectic lately.  I feel like it's always "hurry-up-and-go!" right now.  Hurry up and get Lyla to school!  Hurry up and pick her up!  Hurry up and get lunch in bellies and kids down for naps.  Hurry up and make dinner!  Hurry up and EAT YOUR DINNER.  Hurry up and baths and bed and sit down for maybe just a second of quiet...until someone gets out of bed and needs something.

We have 3 year old drama and 5 year old drama, and learning how to respond to all the sibling fighting is a whole new parental curveball.  There's also been at least a little bit of pregnant lady drama.  I've had a couple of my own total meltdowns, and more nights have ended with tears than I'd like to admit. 

This stage is so, so wonderful, but it is also so hard.  I want so badly to be able to soak it all in and enjoy these little people while they're still little, but sometimes they just make themselves a little hard to enjoy.  And sometimes I want to run screaming.  But I sit here and look back at my pictures and all I see are smiles and a heck of a lot of love, and all I can think is that life is so good.  There are plenty of difficult moments, but there are so many more good ones.

This weekend happened to have a lot of those good moments.  We were as busy as ever, but we had so much as a family.  We had an early morning donut date in our jammies, a date night (!!!), a birthday party and an impromptu family night at Chuck E. Cheese. 

Love these people so much.  None of us are perfect, but we're so perfect for each other.

- K











No comments:

Post a Comment