Monday, October 3, 2016

A Little Monday Road Trip!

A couple Mondays ago Evie and I picked Lyla up from preschool and we all headed out to a little Wisconsin town on the Mississippi River called La Crosse.  My cousin, Bridgit, lives in WI and my other cousin, Natalie, was in town visiting her, so we decided to meet about half way and spend the afternoon together. 

The only day that worked for our schedules was that Monday, and driving for 5 hours in one day - by myself with the girls - on a school night - was just a little bit daunting.  But our little chicks are always up for an adventure, so we just went for it.  And I'm so glad we did!  Because if anything is worth driving all day and totally blowing bedtime, seeing family is.  Even if it's just for a few hours.

I'm always a sucker for river towns, and La Crosse didn't disappoint.  We got there a little earlier than my cousins, so the girls got to run around in a park for a while and took turns chasing squirrels, each other, and pretending to be bears.  When my cousins showed up we walked along the river for a while then found a restaurant for dinner (where we tried alligator for the first time!  Lyla and Evie loved it!), then we topped it all off with a little ice cream. 

Such a fun little Monday adventure!

- K























 

No comments:

Post a Comment