Monday, October 20, 2014

Anniversary Surprise






Saturday was our 6th anniversary, and my husband totally got me. It was one of those weeks where I literally didn't step foot out of my house - at all - and didn't even notice until I went out the front door Friday morning to check the mail and I realized it was the first time I'd seen our front yard all week. And I'm sure the mail man loves us because the mailbox was just about as jammed as it could get.

We couldn't find a sitter for a date that weekend, but I decided to make the best of it and get everyone dressed up for a fun family date to celebrate. That is until I realized that Ryan had a rugby game which would prevent us from doing anything and actually making it home by our babies' bedtimes. Which made me a little sour. And then when he came home Friday night and announced that he also had to go into work Saturday morning, the sourness cranked up to about level 12.

Saturday morning Ryan asked if I wanted him to make an anniversary breakfast and I think I snarled "I'm going to the gym since it'll be the only chance I get this week." I went to the gym, then he went to work. When he came back a little while later he had his sister in tow. He'd flown her all the way from Denver for the night!  He'd also made a reservation at the Grand Hotel for the night and our favorite steak place for dinner. #dreamy

It was the first time we've ever done anything like that, and it was so fun! We had the absolute best time and splurged on almost everything. We drank a little too much and talked about our past and our future. Our babies and having more babies - I think I've settled on 10 of them. I felt awful the next morning, the lightweight I am these days, but it was completely worth it.

I married a real gem of a man. Love you, Ryan Chapman!

Thanks, Alycia, for  making the trip!

- K

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it's been 6 years. You guys have a good thing going. If you can make it 6, you can make it 60!

    ReplyDelete