Thursday, June 12, 2014

Backstreet Boys


On Tuesday night we got to go on our first real date (dinner AND a show) since having Evie.  Ryan had gotten Backstreet Boys tickets from his company and we were both a little too excited.  We hit up a patio for dinner just across from the venue and I have to say that I am liking this Minnesotan spring.  It was the perfect night to sit out on a patio, and let me just say that I am very much a light weight these days.

By the time we got into the concert the Backstreet Boys had already come on stage, and my inner teenage girl totally screamed.  They were very seriously freakin' amazing.  I don't know if Ryan would cop to it, but I'm pretty sure we both said it was the best concert we'd ever been to.  I mean, not the most epic or bragworthy or anything, but for pure fun entertainment - pretty much the best ever.

They talked about being together for 21 years.  (Yes, you heard that right.)  They also talked about their babies, which made me think about MY babies, and the fact that I pretty much was a baby when all these songs came out.  Also, I think you know you're old super mature when the Backstreet Boy that seems the most happily married and talks about how inspiring his kids are (Kevin) automatically becomes the most attractive to you, and the one you used to think was the most attractive (Nick) just kind of seems like a...well, like he's trying too hard.  That's the nice way to put it anyways. ;)

And now I'll leave you with the video for the song they wrote, inspired by their children.  Because who doesn't want to watch a little Backstreet Boys on a Thursday night??

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment