Monday, December 16, 2013

A Breakfast Date with Santa



This weekend we had "Breakfast with Santa", a cute event that Ryan's company puts on.  Lyla got all dolled up, and one of my very favorite things right now is when she gets dressed with dad and runs into my bathroom to show me her outfit.  Her little face all lit up, waiting for me to excitedly praise whatever it is she has on, then her proud smile as she sways back and forth and swings her arms after appropriate amount of oohing and aahing.  It's just about the most precious thing ever.

She had a ball at the breakfast, and was a little timid at first with Santa but loved the blow up bear behind him.  I'm pretty sure she photo bombed at least half of the kids' pictures when she'd escape my grasp and run and hug that bear as fast as she could.

She finally made it up on Santa's lap and told him she wanted a bike (something we've both been buttering Dad up on for a while now) and didn't really touch her reindeer pancakes but had eights or ninths on the red strawberry nose.

My favorite part was how Ryan made me wear an ugly Christmas sweater because "Everybody's supposed to!", then wore his totally normal sweater.  (Insert sarcastic straight face here.)

- K










1 comment:

  1. What pretty girls Ryan hangs out with!! See you Christmas night!

    ReplyDelete