Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

 
Our family frequently has little kitchen dance parties in the morning while having breakfast and getting ready for work.  We usually get stuck on one or two songs, and recently it's been "Happy" by Pharrell and "All of Me" by John Legend.

One of those dance-party mornings Ryan had disappeared and it was just me and the girls listening to "All of Me" - me swaying with little Evie in my arms and Lyla doing her shimmy and shake and singing along.  As much as I adore the romantic love the song is meant to talk about, in that moment I couldn't help but relate it to being a mom.  Listening to those lyrics...

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning

For some reason those words just embodied motherhood to me.  How much more can you give your all - heart, body, soul - to a person than when you become a mom.  And even in those moments of overwhelming exhaustion and confusion and despair, when you feel so close to completely losing it...even in those lowest moments of motherhood you know that you're really winning.  To be their mom, to feel that love, to call them yours.  They truly become your end and your beginning the very first time you set eyes on their tiny, perfect, squishy face.

So to my family - I love you with all my heart.  I know I can be crazy and emotional and throw my own little 2 year old tantrums.  Thank you for loving me anyways and being patient with my imperfections.  I couldn't be more blessed to call you all mine.

Hope all you lovely mamas had a wonderful day!!

xoxo
K





No comments:

Post a Comment