Sunday, January 5, 2014

Photo Dump - A Christmas Recap: Part 2

Since we decided to stay in MN this Christmas it was a pretty quiet Christmas Eve and morning, and I didn't quite know how it would go or if it would end up feeling a little anticlimactic.  It turned out to be the very best Christmas Eve and morning of my life.

We went to Christmas Eve service and were a little shocked to learn that there was no child care provided.  Our little miss is not the type to sit still quietly, so I was a little concerned with how the next hour would go.  Sure enough as soon as we found our seats she was off running and exploring, and it didn't really stop.  For a split second I found myself thinking forward to a year that Christmas Eve would not include me running after a crazy baby or 2.  I immediately stopped and reminded myself that these are fleeting moments, and chasing this little blonde haired girl is exactly where I want to be.  Watching that not-so-baby girl run around in her fancy dress and the fur coat she refused to take off was as precious a Christmas Eve as any church service I could have heard that night.

After church we went home and had bagels and lox, our family tradition, and popped open some champagne for Ryan and sparkling apple cider for Lyla and I.  We used her pink plastic stemware from her kitchen set, and I'm pretty sure that girl was born for the fancy life.  She sipped that "champagne" like it was Dom Perignon, pinky finger out and everything.  Too cute.  Then she opened a present, another family tradition, of a pair of bunny slippers, pajamas, and "Twas the Night Before Christmas".  She was and is obsessed with those little bunny "shoes".  They give her about a million kisses each and every morning.

We went to bed late that night, turns out playing Santa is pretty exhausting, but I think we did a pretty darn good job.  The next morning we got up early and Lyla was so excited about her huge bear and bike.  I'm pretty sure it was her best Christmas ever too.  ;)

Here's some photos!

- K












The photo above is so special to me.  My mom made that doll when she was pregnant with me, and she shipped it to me for Christmas.  Seeing my own little girl hold it is pretty amazing.






The cat traps were as effective as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment