Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Somebody's Turning 2


I cannot even wrap my brain around how fast this past year has gone but somehow we are just 2 weeks away from Lyla's second birthday.  Instead of dwelling on the bittersweetness of another year come and gone (which I'm sure will hit me eventually), I've thrown myself into birthday party planning. 

Last year we flew back to Denver for Lyla's first birthday and had the best time with all of our family and friends.  (Will you just look at this little baby doll we had back then?!)  This year we are staying put so it will be a bit smaller, but I think it will be even more fun with Lyla's new found appreciation for presents, sweets, and tearing wrapping paper to pieces.  We're going back and forth between getting her a pony or a Range Rover power wheel.  Kidding!  ;)

Since the party is so close to Valentine's day and I'm a sucker for all things girly I decided to go with a Valentine's theme.  I've done a lot of Instagram, Pinterest and Etsy research in all my spare time and I can't wait to get it all put together for her big day! 

Here are some of my inspirations:


invitations
one - image from Instagrammer @amandarydell.  Her feed is gorgeous, so colorful and fun!
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight

And now that Ryan's seen all of these glittery images he's sure this party will be his worst nightmare.  ;)

- K

3 comments:

  1. I love the theme, and those invites are awesome!
    xo
    Nessa
    nessaswrld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's like pulling teeth trying to get a good picture out of her, it was a lucky shot! ;)

      Delete
  2. We're going back and forth between getting her a pony or a Range Rover power wheel. Kidding! ;) Since the party is so close to Valentine's day ... roverpowerwheel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete