Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Not-So-Terrible Twos


We are in the middle of a great "nakey butt" stage for Lyla, especially with the start of a (much more successful!) potty training session.  Pretty much every time she goes outside she ends up getting wet somehow, and then demands that "Lyla be nakey butt".  It's pretty cute, but it also means that I don't really have any recent photos to share of her that I feel like I could or should share on the internet.  Luckily I have all the newborn/family photos my sister took, so I'll take the opportunity to inundate you with those now.  :)

Also, I just have to say that for all the hype around the 2 year stage, I seriously love it.  Yes, we have our tantrums, sour attitudes, crying, plenty of the word "NO!", and pretty much a constant path of destruction, but the more her little personality comes out, the more I fall in love with our little Lyla.  She is the most lovely, loving, polite, sweet-hearted little girl.  If you let out the slightest "ouch" she's the first to kiss your boo-boo and say "Sorry, mama, you have boo-boo".  She's so fun and energetic and carefree, and still so confident and fearless.  And she's growing up each and every day.  Suddenly "choc-choc" has become "chocwate", and the "mamas" and "dadas" are few and far between, with "mom" and "dad" taking their place.  But her snuggles are still as good as ever, and I'm soaking up every single one I can.

- K

















No comments:

Post a Comment